Yes it’s snowing, and some of you love it and some of you hate it, but I’m just one of those people that wants to be out there in it. The office has been under deep snow this week, so I took the opportunity to get outside. There is nothing I love more than creating videos in the great outdoors, experimenting with new editing techniques and just generally creating videos. [Read more…] about Sick of hearing about the Snow? Get out and film it instead!
Is Vimeo all you need?
We all know how videos are becoming increasingly more popular. It’s all anyone talks about. Our timelines are full of social media videos, whether it’s videos of cats going viral or your favourite brand’s newest advert. Over 500 million people are watching video on Facebook every day (via Forbes). EVERDAY!! That is a huge audience just waiting to see your videos.
Here at Ellen Jackson Videography we love nothing better than a video which tells a compelling story, tugs on the heart strings and provokes a reaction in the viewer. In essence, one which successfully engages with its target audience. Guess what kind of video ticks all three boxes? Christmas TV adverts, that’s what!
Thought you didn’t need a corporate video? It’s time to think again. Video is an increasingly popular way of promoting business and with good reason. With more than 300 hours of video uploaded to YouTube every minute and 92% of mobile users watching and sharing video content, the power of video – particularly in a social media context – is continuing to grow.
In the business world, video is becoming the ‘go to’ medium for marketing. Perhaps your competitors are already using video to drive sales. Are they getting the edge on you? You have to be in it to win it, as they say, and now may well be the time to give your business the video advantage.
The power of video
Video marketing has been proven to build awareness and drive sales. Video works because it is…
- SEO-friendly – Video is favoured by Google and thus ranks higher than other types of content
- Attention grabbing – It naturally catches the eye and draws the customer in
- Easily accessible – Through video you can create enormous customer reach via a medium which is already familiar to your end user
- Increasingly popular – 87% of online marketers use video content in their digital marketing strategies and this proportion is continuing to grow
- A sales driver – Video has been proven to be extremely effective in driving sales. Statistics show that 64% of customers are more likely to buy a product online after watching a video about it, and 59% of company decision makers would rather watch a video than read an article or blog post.
8 ways to market your business via video
So, it’s clear that the use of video can bring a huge marketing advantage. But just how can you make video work for your business? Here’s a quick rundown of the key types of video which can help your business get noticed…
- Content marketing – Build your authority in your field by sharing valuable insights, tips and advice
- Explainer video – Use animation or infographics to communicate a complex concept simply and clearly
- Commercial – A broadcast TV advert is a sure-fire way to boost sales. Online adverts can be more affordable but often very effective if correctly targeted
- Promotional video – A great way to showcase your product or service
- Behind-the-scenes – A chance for customers to find out more about what really goes on in your organisation. If you create a product, why not consider a time lapse video of the production process?
- Training – Video can form an essential part of a staff training programme
- Presentations – If you’re due to given a presentation at a conference or event, why not have it filmed and then share it via social media? A great way to bring your message to a larger audience
- Interview – A filmed interview with a key member of staff in your organisation can increase customer engagement and provide further insight into the workings of your business.
Do get in touch to find out how Ellen Jackson Videography can help grow your business. Call me on 07912 119543 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org Visit my website http://ellenjackson.co.uk to view previous examples of my corporate video work.